Thursday, October 27, 2011

Working hard is hardly working

Here is what's going to happen, you are going to wake up at 6:02 AM to something that your Flipclock App refers to as "Pink Noise" which is actually this horrible post-apocalyptic ocean sound. You will be confused, having just been in the middle of a dream in which you have lied to your mother about buying a cookbook that uses humus in all of its recipes. You will hit snooze and sleep until 6:12 AM. Then you will have to pee. You will go the bathroom and not flush after, because you are afraid of waking your roommate. You will then select a program on Netflix to watch instantly. You will watch it until approx. 6:50 AM. Then you will leave it on in the background while haphazardly trying to put on makeup. Around 7 AM you will hear your roommate get into the shower, and you will wonder why she gets up so early. You will get dressed and get in your car. You will either go to Starbucks or not, depending on how much you hate life that day. When you get to work you will perform all necessary tasks as slowly as possible... This is because you have entered a worm hole in which time is infinitely stretched. You will begin proof-reading evals. You will do this for four hours. Then you will eat. Then you will do it for another four hours. Your co-workers will develop a joke that you are too loud in the office because you are very soft-spoken. They will find this joke hilarious.  
                                               ...
The work itself is not difficult. I try to do my school work, but am paranoid about my coworkers busting me, despite the fact that they have never given me any indication that they have even noticed.
I met a girl in my classes who is also from Tucson, and she also went to the U of A. We discovered our mutual geek status (statuses?) by talking about the AMC series "Breaking Bad". I have watched that so much that I believe I now know how to make 99 percent pure blue meth. Anyhow. I was given 90 dollars for my birthday and am unsure how to spend it. Survival is rough out here. I'm telling you, it's like expensive, bro.
I have been crazy-emotional lately. No idea why except if you factor in how hard this job sucks. BUT... I got my first grad-school midterm back and I got an A-! I know, right? I was happy except I fully expected to earn a solid A. I studied, and I don't usually study. After that, I immediately had to take a second midterm for another class, and I can't help but think I flunked it. I know I missed at least 5 questions by getting Freud's phallic and latent phases confused. That's my life: one achievement in a series is always followed by a reversal of fortune. What did that mean? Idk! Dis my blog! I bloggs what i wants! TTYL. PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment